Friday, March 7, 2008

friday night family fun



Did you have a Friday night tradition growing up? I distinctly remember homemade pizza and our weekly allowance of soda. Later on that night, grape kool-aid, popcorn, and the much anticipated weekly episode of the Dukes of Hazard. Just the good ol' boys, never meanin' no harm...(ha, now you have the song in your head too!) (:
So I'm thinking we'll need a different show especially since Rachel is only 5. But, last Friday night I tried my first gluten free pizza. It was delicious! Rachel was way excited to help make it and even ventured out and had not only cheese but some ham too! We added green peppers, onions, and some Jenny-O turkey ham. Yup, this is our new Friday night tradition. I can't wait for dinner! (:

4 comments:

CALAMITY JANE said...

yea! i am SO glad you made (and liked) a gluten-free pizza! what dough did you use? growing up, pizza was our sunday after-church tradition.
and i heart the dukes of hazard!!

Tenny said...

i happily have the song in my head. and yes, ben and i watched that with our respective families as kids as well!!! yehaw!

jtaco said...

What would this world be like without Dukes of Hazard and the best food of all....PIZZA! I'm glad you were able to find a good recipe. I don't think I could live without pizza :)

Mary Beth said...

Ah the Dukes. So politically incorrect. The general lee had a confederate flag on it! (:
I used Fearn Brown Rice baking mix, it had a recipe on the back. Next time I won't use as much yeast.