Friday, March 28, 2008

you can only take so much...walk on

yesterday

today

This has been a rough week for us. This not so welcome snow today didn't help either. We're all fine and healthy, just other stuff going on. I'm not trying to sound cryptic but just don't want to get into it, maybe another time.

So the day ended with the absolutely no justification whatsoever but inexplicable need to get fast food for dinner. (: Hubs calls me on the way home and tells me our debit card didn't go through. What!? Oh great, we shouldn't have 'indulged'. Then he goes on to explain that our card wasn't the issue but the system there wasn't working right. So they said, "you're all set". You're all set?! You mean, free? Yup, free. My grilled chicken salad never tasted so good. (nor did the few french fries I shared with someone) (:

Some people would call it a fluke, but we know better. God uses unique and unusual ways to remind us He cares and takes care of us. Yes, He's in control of a fast food joint whose computer system was on the fritz.

I keep going back to this short but powerful verse. Colossians 1:17 :"He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together." I don't have to hold it together because He is and I am so glad. Aren't you?

4 comments:

jtaco said...

God works in ways we can't even imagine! He never leaves us nor foresakes us. He is the Alpha and Omega. King of Kings, Lord of Lords. What a mighty God we serve. It never ceases to amaze me how faithful God is to me when all I do is continue to let Him down. May you feel the peace of God surrounding you...... and by the way, we got 3 inches of snow and ice last night too, ugh!!!!!

Mary Beth said...

Thanks soo much for your encouragement. (:

CALAMITY JANE said...

i like how you said 'i don't have to hold it together b/c He is'. i need to remember that! :)

Tenny said...

we're thinking of you guys and of course, praying for you. and yes, it's snowing while i write this.